Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Time for alittle boasting of myself.

One year ago I was sitting in a hospital. I had just done the hardest thing in my life, given birth. And the next thing I know I am doing the second hardest thing of my life, breastfeeding. It was always a difficult thing for me to want to breastfeed, but I had made it my goal that for the sake of my child I would try my hardest to breastfeed for a year. Honestly, after two weeks. I was done physically and emotionally. I was in so much pain constantly and always frustrated. I thought there would be no way that I would last three months let alone a year. BUT, I DID! The thing I use to say to myself was "there is no way I am the wussiest woman alive." One year later I finished my goal. One of the first times I ever stuck to a long term goal and finished it. The advice I give to mothers is this phrase that got me through pregnancy, delivery, breastfeeding, and other things that come along with being a mom. "Sometimes you have to do things you just don't want to do." Such is life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a trooper Stacey. I couldn't take Ahnna's teeth. I started pumping a week ago because nursing got too painful and she took formula for the first time today. I might make it a year but my determination is dwindling..

Tiffany Fackrell said...

way to go! I hated breastfeeding myself, and I actually only made it to like 10 or 11 months, but Cambree sort of weined herself! You Rock though, and happy birthday to your adorable little evalie!

Jade said...

Yeah, see, I AM the wussiest woman on earth. Which makes me admire you all the more. That's a huge accomplishment. Way to go.