With the changes in the economy, I have decided to change some of my bad habits and get my house in order to prepare for a rainy, or fiery day. The Spokane fires has really got me determined to be prepared in case anything like that were to happen here. With food going up, along with gas, Jeff and I are really feeling it. In the last 15 days, that is just over two weeks, we have spent (are you ready for this) $195.67 on GAS! 15 DAYS! It costs me $4 dollars in gas every time I go to Moscow. And $41.65 on food, in 15 days. So my goals for the next two weeks are as follows.
1. 72 hour kits for Jeff, Stacey, and Evalie
2. More walking, less driving.
3. No eating out!
4. No spending for enjoyment, only necessary items. (This will difficult for me because when I'm board, I want to go out and shop)
I will give a follow up in 15 days on how I did.
1 comment:
Great goals!! I need to work on our food storage too! Are you going to the 72 hour kit preparedness fireside? It sounds like it'll be awesome! I guess with your calling you probably know all about it!!
Post a Comment