Monday, October 25, 2010

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow, I turn 26. Yep, 26 on the 26th. I was told once that this is my golden birthday. I was just thinking back to some birthdays remembered. Here are a few to share,
When I turned 10 I had just a few friends over. I had just broken my collar bone playing soccer at school. I remember Lisa was there, and Emily and Jennifer and Kim, of course. That was a good birthday.
When I turned 14, my birthday was on the same night as a church dance, so I of course went to the dance. I guess I didn't know how to impress boys yet because I dressed up like a freaky witch. No one really asked me to dance and non of my friends were old enough to go yet, so I was pretty lonely the whole time. I remember wanting Jordan to ask me to dance for the last dance. I think he did. I guess it ended up being a good birthday.
When I turned 16, my mom sent me a big bouquet of roses to school with a balloon. My friend Kim took me to her graphics class and took a picture of us, put it on a button (I still have that). Then Kim asked if I wanted to go to her house for lunch that day. We went and lo and behold she had set up a big surprise party for me with my friends. Amy, and Tiffany(?) Elliot, David, Mark, and Jared. Jared was my big crush at the time. Jared got me a card, it was a Mulan card, with Mulan pop outs.
When I turned 18 I was attending Big Bend. It was my senior year and Jon from the basketball team had just asked me to go to the movies with him. I was thrilled. I was on cloud nine because although he was 21 I had a major crush on this boy. When I got home, I was nervous to tell my parents, but apparently they had other news to tell me, sad news. My dad had lost his job. I went to bed at 6 o'clock that night and didn't wake up again till that next morning. I still got to go on my date, just I had to have a chaperon, Melissa. Lame.
When I turned 20, I was attending WSU. Shane wrote me a beautiful poem. Brittany called right when it turned midnight to wish me a happy birthday. Melissa, Jess, and Jenny decorated the house with streamers and balloons and made me caramel apples. Melissa made dinner, but that was a daily thing. Shane took me shopping and let me pick out whatever I wanted. I bought a WSU track jacket. I still have it.
When I turned 21 the girls from my RS at WSU came over and we carved pumpkins and had jell-O shots, virgin style. Lacey, Alysia, and Kierstin had a little birthday party for me. My parents came up and we went out to dinner with Jeff. I think that was the first time they met him. My parents got me a crock pot, I guess they were concerned since I hadn't eaten dinner since Melissa moved out almost a year ago. Jeff got me a jewelry box and tickets to go see Lion King, the broadway show. The show was amazing, absolutely amazing. We learned that we like going to musicals together.
When I turned 23 my parents came to Pullman and watched Evalie so Jeff and I could go out to dinner. We went to Tucci's in Moscow.
When I turned 24 I no longer felt youthful anymore. Brittany got me a ticket to go see Phantom of the Opera at the Opera house in Spokane.
Another year older and wiser (I guess) too. Happy Birthday to me.

2 comments:

DJ and Melissa said...

Just a reminder, Shane and I stayed up till 5am I believe making 20 caramel apples. We couldn't get started until you finally went to bed. Oh and Happy Birthday. I'll call you tomorrow.

Kimberly said...

It's a good thing you have such a great memory!! I forgot I threw you a birthday party?! I strangely enough remember your birthday with the broken collar bone. GOOD TIMES