Thursday, October 14, 2010

And the government will be upon His shoulder...

and His name shall be called.... Wonderful (wanduhful)... Counselor (khansolor)... The mighty God!
Yep I have been singing for Handel's Messiah. Our Stake is doing it for the Nativities around the World display they do every year in December. We are singing a number of selections. I was excited for this because I sang it as a little girl too. I am now learning that I didn't know my part very well at all! These songs are challenging both in rhythm and range. It's also nice to have some just me time working on something I enjoy. I have always enjoyed singing. Singing is one thing that ties me from my childhood into adulthood. I have always sang. In HS I sang in select choir then jazz choir. I sang in competitions, in church, for family. But I have always wondered... do I actually sing well? I know I can sing on key and I get the notes right and I can sing high and I can harmonize, but what about alone? I have always wanted to be able to sing and for people to be amazed. Not like I want to go professional, but just sit and really enjoy, not say "oh isn't she cute". I asked Jeff if he thought I sounded good, his response was "yeah", and that was it. That's what I got. I know I can't ask my parents because if you have ever met my parents then you would know that they would tell me that I am the BEST singer they have ever heard. Well Celine move over because here I come. I want to go on American Idol so that I could get a completely honest answer. The thing is I don't really know my style of voice, I don't know my best vocal range. Maybe I have a back up singer voice. I just don't know, I guess I could record myself. Oh well, I guess I'll do regardless of how I sound to others and pretend I am ignorant to it and do it because I love it. Ya, that sounds good. I'll do that, at least until I can get answers.

1 comment:

The Gang said...

I would so watch you on American Idol! :)