Dear Evalie,
Today you started Preschool. You were so excited. It started at 10 am and I could barely keep you contained at home before it was time to leave. We ended up leaving early and waiting in the hot sun until the doors were opened. Then you excitedly exclaimed "the doors are open!!" Jumping up and down like you do. You played with marbles and you colored, you listened to a story, and practiced writing your name and the names of colors, you went on a field trip and blew bubbles. You brought your Elmo backpack and made sure everyone knew you were going to school. You were there for 2 hours. It was a great 2 hours because when I came to pick you up, you wanted to go back. Monday can't come soon enough for you. I just wanted you to know Evalie, I am so happy for you. I am thrilled you get this opportunity. As I watched you so anxiously waiting to enter that building, stroking your soft hair, I thought back, just for a moment, of the days when you were so so little. I wish I could remember those days better. I hope as you enter this new season of life that you will get lots of opportunities, that you will be kind, that you will grow, and that you will always know you are a daughter of God.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment