“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Monday, February 14, 2011
We love Him because He first loved us...
For our visiting teaching this month we heart attacked our sisters. We filled their doors with hearts and chocolates and wrote notes to them. We said, "God wanted us, your visiting teachers, to let you know that He loves you. We wanted them to know that God loved them, so we found scriptures where God said he loved us. I have never paid attention before while reading the scriptures and reading that God loved me. I knew he did, but I had never heard (read) it, and took note of it. Until now, it was nice to read those words. It was nice to share testimony today to those five sisters who know today especially that God loves them. God does love you that's why he sent a Redeemer for you, so he could have you with Him forever. The scripture that I think has stuck with me the most is in 1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." And 1 John 4:10 "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins." Read these words, dwell on them, and feel the love. Happy Valentines Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You sure did!! Thanks so much! I loved it! I brought it inside and its hanging on the inside of the door now. Had to protect it from the elements! You're the best!!
feeling the love....
Post a Comment