“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Monday, February 1, 2010
What have I been doing?
I know you are asking this because its a rare occasion that I let my blog go without update for such a long period of time. The answer is LOSING MY MIND, yet being able to concentrate and be productive at the same time. I guess its the standard symptoms for NESTING. About a month and a half ago, I had all this energy to start projects finish them, start new ones finish them, organize, simplify, clean, spend money, budget, plan our entire life goals, plan meals for a week, cook, genealogy, educate myself of how to get a construction loan, a mortgage loan, get a realtor, and even take on the task of looking for a new home, already built or build a new one, which ever seems to work. So yes, I have been nesting. I never had this with Evalie, ever! With her it was more, "well she needs clothes and a bed and some diapers, so I guess I had better buy this stuff. Oh and since I am home all day long I guess I could clean the house." It was a balance of need meeting desire. This is way more intense than that. I have made Charlie's bedding, bought Evalie a whole bedroom set, made a nursing cover up, made another blanket, bib, and spit up rag set, made a few hair flowers for Evalie, a few broaches for family, filed paperwork, organized closests, done temple sessions, plan a family reunion in August, downsized, managed money, oh and made a baby! it goes on and on. I am exhausted at night, yet I can't sleep a wink, another difference between 1st pregnancy and 2nd pregnancy, I wake up early, well for me early, 7:30 and start a whole round of what can I accomplish today that will be so extremely satisfying. Blogging unfortunately is not on the list of things I should accomplish that would be so extremely satisfying. But, I know once this is done I will look at it with some self accomplishment, knowing that while I did it I also filed my taxes and did research for housing and feel so good. I wish I was this productive all the time. This is great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
since I'm kind of a freak, I do some of those things now anyways. cleaning out closets, downsizing, organizing...I go on rampages...often. I think I'm in trouble if I "nest".
Way to go! You really have accomplished quite a bit. Hmmm, maybe I should have a baby so I can become productive. Haha.
Nesting is the best part of being pregnant. Nay - the only good thing about pregnancy, except for the whole baby thing in the end.
I love days like this!
Post a Comment