“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Monday, February 15, 2010
My Frugal Husband to a T!
Last night Jeff and I were discussing how we want to handle the labor and delivery of our second child. I am trying for a VBAC and Jeff is supportive of that. My doctor also feels its a good decision for me. Anyway, we were also talking about how nice its going to be to be just us during the labor and delivery. I was asking him since its going to be his second time, if he was wanting to try anything new, like, catching the child, cutting the umbilical cord, bathing the child, etc. His response was so Jeffrey. He shook his head and said, "what do you think I am paying the doctor for? Maybe if he started offering discounts for things. 'Oh fifty bucks off for catching the child', I would do it then." Oh I laughed so hard. I wouldn't say Jeff's cheap side is his main side, we don't fight over it, but sometimes it surprises me the situations it does come out in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love this story, it is so Jeff. Can't wait for the little guy to come. We're looking forward to hanging out with Evalie for awhile!
oh funny!
This is one thing I agree with Jeff on. If we're paying for it, the doc or nurses are going to do it.
I was worried, though, that your post was going to say that Jeff was trying to tell you not to get an epidural because it wasn't worth the money. I admire people who make it through without, but let me tell you, as someone who has had two kids but who has never pushed one of them out, I STILL know that an epidural is worth every blessed penny.
I love this!! Discounts for doing your own work during a delivery. I think it should work!! HAHA!
But Chad did get to cut Kherrington umbilical cord and didn't ahve
I laughed out loud! -- When I asked Jeff (my Jeff) if he wanted to cut the umbilical cord, he looked at me with such a disgusted face, ah.. priceless.
That's hilarious! Sounds like something I might say :) only 6 more weeks!!!
This makes me chuckle :)
Jay "helped" deliver Grace and he really enjoyed it. He also cut the cord and we both bathed her. We both enjoyed that time with her, we didn't want anyone else to do it.
(and after seeing how the doctor handled the birth i would have MUCH rather delivered Grace myself with Jay or my sister, i think we could have done a much better job)
Post a Comment