“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
He Loves Me
Jeff absolutely hates it when things have a scent. Good scent/bad scent doesn't really matter. Because of this I don't burn candles, I don't wear perfume, and he doesn't wear cologne. I absolutely LOVE smells, good ones that is. I love walking through Bath and Body Works, sniffing all the new concoctions and rubbing all different kinds up one side of my body and down the other. Jeff steers clear of me those days. Every night I shovel gobs of Mentholatum up my nose hopping that by morning that wonderful smell is still there. Jeff calls me stinky, hardly gives me a kiss goodnight rolls over and goes to bed. I shouldn't say he hates all smells, his favorite is sauted onions and butter, cinnamon, pine, and other Christmas or food smells. For Christmas our friends the Borders gave us a bag full of fun essential and non essential items. Hand sanitizer, grocery lists, make up, a whole slue of things I have put to good use. There was also two small bottles of Axe cologne. I tried for a while to put them in Jeff's sight, as a hint hint. I would say things like "if you only new how many more kisses you would get if you smelled like this" He would say things like "not worth it" So I gave up my fantasy of smelling a man that smelled like Axe, or Tommy, or Aqua Dijio. And then Sunday morning, Valentines Day, we get in the car ready to go to church, and I smelled a stronger wonderful smell. Not the smells I usually smell when Jeff is in the car. I looked at him and said "you smell good!" He said "Happy Valentines Day" I LOVE this man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would die. Just the other day I was cleaning the house and it smelled like bleach and pinesol and febreeze and my Scentsy I had warming and I said to Trent, "If I could come home everyday and my house smelled like this, I would always be happy". He said he knew. This doesn't even cover pretty soaps lotions and perfume. But that was awfully nice of him;)
LOL
That's awesome.
I love the story! What a good man! I'm glad you're enjoying the bag.
All i can saw is AWWWWWW! :)
That guy must love you bunches ;)
Stacey, that is so funny and SO MY LIFE!! Dave only likes cooking smells, drives me insane! I'm glad to know I'm not alone!
Post a Comment