“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Monday, September 28, 2009
Mommy/Daughter moment
Yesterday morning, I woke up at 8:15 am and church starts at 9:00. Normally I would get up around 7:30, eat, shower, get dressed up, and get Evy ready for church. On a rushed day I would skip the shower. But yesterday I desperately needed a shower. The thought of people looking at my hair wondering how long it had been since I had showered haunted me. I decided to immediately jump in the shower so my hair had some time to dry before blowing drying. BAD IDEA! Because I immediately shower I did not immediately eat, which some other pregnant ladies may have guessed I got nauseous. As I was sitting in front of the toilet cursing myself for not showering last night and not eating right away this morning, and that I am 14 weeks and still sick, I asked Jeff if he could bring me a bowl of cereal. He did, what a loving husband, nice delicious Apple Jacks. Not long after I hear "mommy, mommy" and the bathroom door opens. There is Evalie with her bowl of Apple Jacks and a spoon to join me for breakfast on the bathroom floor. It was so cute of her and I just sitting there enjoying our Apple Jacks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sweet girl!! When I am throwing up in a bowl or bathroom, Cooper always stops what he is doing to rub my back and hand me a tissue to wipe my mouth! Kids are so precious!!
That is so sweet. Doesn't it make you glad you're having another one. Just focus on the moments like that!!
Congrats on number 2! I hope you start to feel better. Evie is so cute!
I had such a clear picture of what you wrote -- that really is a sweet moment. Sorry you're still sick! How long did it last with Evalie?
oooo I love this story! Yay for cereal and bathroom floors! Evy is so sweet.
Post a Comment