I absolutely love the Christmas season. The feel of the Christmas spirit with all the decorations hung by the chimney with care... It's something that brings much joy and excitement to me in an otherwise gloomy time of year. As a tradition, Jeff and I go ornament shopping each year to pick one that we really like and add it to our tree. Well this year we decided not to get a tree because, well you probably know, but we still wanted to display our ornaments and have something to put our new ornament on. So we decided to get a wreath and decorate it as if it was our Christmas Tree. It turned out so beautiful that we are thinking the idea as a back up tree we put the children's crap ornaments they will get every year from school, and other places. Hang it above the mantle piece where the stocking hang. It sounds wonderful to me. Jeff thought of this idea. He's so creative, I love having him around.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Friday, December 5, 2008
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
I absolutely love the Christmas season. The feel of the Christmas spirit with all the decorations hung by the chimney with care... It's something that brings much joy and excitement to me in an otherwise gloomy time of year. As a tradition, Jeff and I go ornament shopping each year to pick one that we really like and add it to our tree. Well this year we decided not to get a tree because, well you probably know, but we still wanted to display our ornaments and have something to put our new ornament on. So we decided to get a wreath and decorate it as if it was our Christmas Tree. It turned out so beautiful that we are thinking the idea as a back up tree we put the children's crap ornaments they will get every year from school, and other places. Hang it above the mantle piece where the stocking hang. It sounds wonderful to me. Jeff thought of this idea. He's so creative, I love having him around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Great idea.
I love it.
Your children are going to have "crap" ornaments?
What a good idea! That comment above totally cracked me up!
She makes a good point "crap" ornaments. They'll know they did a good job if it makes it to the "tree". I'm joking thats creative and funny.
That's a really good idea! I'm with you. I'm not a big fan of putting up odd looking ornaments on my tree, but don't want my future children to feel bad. What a great solution!
As a mom of older kids with "crap" ornaments, may I just say, you get over it. The tree may not look like it belongs in a Norman Rockwell painting but each goofy looking ornament makes you smile, thinking of the little kindergartener who is about to enter high school. It goes by way too fast, trust me, some of those ornaments will become your most treasured.
Post a Comment