Jeff and I went to my parents house for Thanksgiving this year. The whole family, every single one was going to be there. I have 6 siblings, 4 of which are married, and I have14 nieces and nephews. So including the 3 of us and my parents thats 28 in total. We had a full house, but we are use to these large get-togethers. We arrived Wednesday later evening, most of the girls headed off to watch Twilight. The more I think about that movie and the more I see it, I like it. Thursday morning the guys/boys played flag football. It was so cold. The rest of the day consisted of cooking, snacking, and Wii play and games. Evalie was so cute trying to drive the cars with the steering wheel. We had a delicious! Thanksgiving dinner, that went very smoothly due to my mothers preparations and everyone pitching in. Then we had a reverent family home evening, where we all said what we were most thankful for this year. Jeff was most grateful for the blessings of tithing because it has allowed us to live comfortably, without want this past year, the year when we are probably the poorest we will ever be. I was most grateful for learning the lesson of motherhood and all that comes with that title. Evy was most grateful for popcorn, captain crunch berries, and chocolate milk shakes. Friday morning we all headed out to see the potato shed, my brother in law is a successful farmer in ML, then we took rides on the tractor. Evy and I stayed in the nice warm car, mostly because she was asleep. All the kids loved being out at the farm and being in the dirt and riding on the big machinery. Then from there Melissa, DJ, Brad, and Anne went home. That evening the guys went to watch Transporter 3. My mom, Michele, and I stayed in ate Flipz, and watched Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. Then Jeff and I took off this morning. What I was thankful for this Thanksgiving was the personal visits I got to have with most all of my family members. I enjoy bonding and strengthening my relationships with each of them. After all if we want this to work we got to put effort into this whole family thing. Love ya family.
-Stacey
2 comments:
It was great to have everyone there, and even though its that many people, it doesn't seem to be too crowded. Love you Stace!
Hey Stacey!
The only way I could figure out to make us ungoogleable was to change our address so it is now
nottheonlyredfords.blogspot.com
Good seeing you guys and talking with you Stacey. Love ya, us
Post a Comment