Monday, December 29, 2008

Family Time

As tradition, Jeff and I spent Christmas Eve with the Rippy family. Having a spectacular dinner, put on by the whole family at the Frederickson's home. Enjoying the Nativity put on by the children. Evalie was an angel. They always do a talent show after the Nativity. This year I contributed by playing Clair de Lune. I have been practicing since June. Then went over to Grandma and Grandpa Rippys home with the rest of the Rippy family to open some presents and enjoy some quiet company.


G & G Rippy got Evalie Little People's BarnYard set. I was so excited because I had been wanting to get that for her too, but decided to stop spending money. Apparently Evalie was really wanting this as well, I didn't see but Jeff said when she saw it her eyes got all big and she just couldn't wait for Daddy to open it.

For Christmas we always go to my parents house in Moses Lake. We got there about noon. It was a quiet family gathering this year. It was Kim and Trent & Family, Mom and Dad, and us most of the time, and periodically we would see Sean and Kim & Family. Mom and Dad got Evalie a dolly that giggles and makes noises. Here she is trying to feed it.

Mom made a delicious dinner, that she presented on a beautifully decorated table. Last year for Christmas we got her the whole Friendly Village set. So she used it this year.

My Grandparents sent my mother a beautiful center piece for her table.

The day after Christmas my brother in law Trent took us out to the farm to go sledding. He would pull the GT and the tube behind the truck out in a field. London, Isabelle, and Brennan all took turns. Then London and Isabelle each took Evalie on it. She absolutely loved it. This was the first time she has really gotten to play in the snow. She screamed when we put her in the car and kicked and screamed the whole way home.

After Evalie, then my sister Michelle wanted a turn. She fell off and when asked why she fell off (because she did it on purpose) she said because its fun! She's so funny.

After Michelle's turn, then was MY MOM's turn. Now my mom is just shy of 60. But I tell she is so active and really loves doing things you wouldn't expect her to do. So here she is.

And then this is our little family wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Hope yours was as wonderful as ours.

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Stace,
It was a fun weekend being able to spend a little more one-on-one time with you guys. It makes you think "So, that's what life might be like in a smaller family". We were sad you had to go back and by the way, thumbs down on "Yes, Man".

KingFAM said...

How fun! I love seeing what your family is up to! If you give me your email address on facebook or here then I can add you to my blog list.

Happy New Year!

Alyse and Aaron King