Monday, December 8, 2008

HELP! I'm drowning in vomit...

Since last Tuesday, we have all been sick around here. And I tell ya sick toddlers are probably the worst of all out of sick children. When they throw up they throw up everywhere, they get it all over themselves. They don't realize that when you are sick you don't get treats or anything that would be gross coming back up. They don't get that you can't have the pillow you just threw up on. They don't understand why you yell "don't touch that" after they just vomited all over themselves. They cling and cling and cling to you. The very few items they would eat before they were sick is now limited even more. When you say "peeeuuu... you stink like poo, go away" they don't go away! They get germs on every toy they own. It could be toys they have never been interested in, ever, but hey since we are spreading germs we can't very well leave this one out. Laundry every day at all hours of the day. Oh and I am positive that they wait till the most inopportune time to throw up, 3:00 am one night, 4:00 am the other night, just before mommy goes to work, just when daddy thinks he's going to get some studying done, just when you think your in the clear, getting over it, all's looking good, we lasted a day, and then bam, right when she wakes up. The stink never goes away, the bleach bottle has been refilled multiple times. Your clothes stink just as much as theirs. And so to all of you who say "Well Stacey, welcome to motherhood!" I say no, no, no, no. I am refusing to resent motherhood with such a scaring event. Instead I am placing sick children under the category of service. Completely separating the two in my mind. If I don't then my sarcastic remarks of this being our only child just might come true!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I can respect your philosophy on motherhood.
I don't do vomit. Dru does it. But if he's not around then I do it.
Great explanation of what happens cause it's all so true.
I never thought of it but todlers ARE the worst.
Hopefully it's gone now and your blogging in hinesight.
I know, I know, I can't spell.
You know what I"m saying though.

Bri said...

Oh Stace, that is a major bummer! Are you all sick or just Evy?
So sorry, we just went through all that last week, it's a long story but let's just say someone came to our Family Thanksgiving dinner witht the FLU! Luckily I didn't get the full blow, but Mike did, Cooper did, and Kyle (Ashley's fiance) did! Not to mention other people in my fam, not much fun! Hopefully it will all be over soon!

Jade said...

This totally isn't what you want to hear, and it certainly isn't the way to be a good, supportive friend ... but we're pretty sure we're never coming to your apartment again. Vomit. Ew.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

I am so sorry. We just went through that after thanksgiving, but luckily Cooper was obsessed with his puke bowl so he would run to it and cry bowl. One time though he did throw the bowl away and wanted to throw up in the sink and didn't make it. I only had to clean up like 3 messes and he made like 6 in the bowl!! Good times!!

Adespain said...

Hey Stacey! Found your blog through Amy's. I can't believe how big your little girl is!

Jay and Camille said...

Since you guys are all better I would like you to blog on movies again. Is Four Christmases good? What about Bolt?