Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sweet hour of prayer...

Evalie woke up too early this morning. She went to the bathroom and while she was pulling her pants up, her daddy flushed the toilet. Big no, no. Evalie went crazy. She was so upset. Crying/screaming, she was so mad there was no more "pee in her butt" that she could flush. All her screaming woke up Charlie in a now sad mood. And he leaves for work. So while I am dealing with a sad boy and trying not be agitated by being woken up by a screaming fit, I mention to Evalie that her friends cannot come play if she is going to behave like this so maybe she should go into her room and say a prayer, and ask Heavenly Father to help her feel better and be happy. So she did. She walked into her room and prayed to be happy and for her family. I was so touched. The absolutely best part, which I knew would happen, is she was happy for the whole rest of the day. Not a moments sadness. She had a great time with her friends tonight. They played and watched movies, ate dinner and popcorn, they read stories and played doll house. It was pretty much a great day.

1 comment:

The Gang said...

I'm so trying this tomorrow morning!