This was the bathroom before the remodel. Needless to say we didn't ever use the tub. We tore that out right away. It was permanently dirty. The toilet wasn't so bad except for the wood seat. (shudder) I hate wood toilet seats. We literally ripped up everything in here. We had just the studs and the sub-sub floor underneath. We lived without a toilet for 24 hours. During which I got sick. Got to know the neighbors on a very personal level right away. We lived without a shower or tub for 2 weeks. Yes I was that disgusting by the end. We lived without a sink in the bathroom for 2 months. Developed a bad habit of not always washing my hands and not always brushing my teeth. We lived with sheetrock dust on our feet for 3 weeks. Still recovering from that.
Here's what we did specifically... and when I say we I mean 99% Jeff.
removed toilet, tub, vanity, wall board, sheet rock, sub-floor. Put in tub, shower round, toilet (4 times), sub-floor, sheet-rocked, mud taped and textured, primed painted, put in electrical and plumbing, new light and fan, vanity, and vinyl. It took us 2 months of evenings to get it all done.
Here is the vanity. Isn't it beautiful. The sink was the last thing to be put together.
These are my blue walls. My spectacular shower curtain. Covering my wonderful shower and tub. And my steal of a deal vinyl from Home Depot. It looks great. I Love it very much.
Tips for remodel.
its a learning process for all, so have patience.
set nights specifically for remodel and nights for fun time.
it won't work the first time. Ever.
don't make your husband do a project he doesn't know how to do.
live like your camping.
finish one room and then move on to the next. It will give you motivation to continue. Rather than stop with nothing finished.
don't go over budget, if the project is requiring more work than originally thought. Make a new budget to include the new labor.
keep track of your returns.
don't return any piece of plumbing or electrical until the project is finished.
watch Wipeout on Hulu with your spouse so you still love each other by the end of the week.
3 comments:
Stacey it looks amazing!! Great job you guys I was worried that the dry wall was going to get you really stuck. That is so much work, I'm honestly happy for you!
I keep forgetting to tell you that Evalie was the key for Ahnna's potty training. After I started telling Ahnna that she should poo in the toilet like Evalie, she has not gone in her underwear at all! She even wears underwear at night too. GO PEER PRESSURE WOOT!!
Great job!!!!! Isn't a finished project really rewarding? I love that feeling!!!!!!
Chad and I love Wipeout. It's a way good way to laugh after lots of stress! Way to go on the reno!!
Post a Comment