Today was officially my first day alone with two children. It started off great. Charlie slept a long time last night. Evalie woke up as her happy old self. Nursing hurts, but ever so slightly has gotten better. I made a few phone calls I've been needing to make, setting up appointments, and got everyone, including myself, dressed and fed before 11:00 am. While I was in the bathroom getting ready Evalie was out in the living room watching Dinosaur Train and Charlie was in his papasan chair sleeping in the living room. After a minute or two I decided to check on the two, see if there is any interaction and if there is to make sure #2 is not being smothered by #1. I came out and to my surprise and joy, Evalie was sitting in front of Charlie counting her fingers for him and then counting his fingers. Then she takes off his socks and starts counting his toes. She is also turning the chair's vibration and music on/off saying "do you like that?" "no" "okay". I loved it. I knew she wouldn't beat him up, I was hoping she wouldn't just ignore him either, rather she is interacting with him and loving him. It makes me happy, its just another tender mercy.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Friday, April 9, 2010
An unexpected gift...
Today was officially my first day alone with two children. It started off great. Charlie slept a long time last night. Evalie woke up as her happy old self. Nursing hurts, but ever so slightly has gotten better. I made a few phone calls I've been needing to make, setting up appointments, and got everyone, including myself, dressed and fed before 11:00 am. While I was in the bathroom getting ready Evalie was out in the living room watching Dinosaur Train and Charlie was in his papasan chair sleeping in the living room. After a minute or two I decided to check on the two, see if there is any interaction and if there is to make sure #2 is not being smothered by #1. I came out and to my surprise and joy, Evalie was sitting in front of Charlie counting her fingers for him and then counting his fingers. Then she takes off his socks and starts counting his toes. She is also turning the chair's vibration and music on/off saying "do you like that?" "no" "okay". I loved it. I knew she wouldn't beat him up, I was hoping she wouldn't just ignore him either, rather she is interacting with him and loving him. It makes me happy, its just another tender mercy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so so sweet! Good thing you know she isn't beating him up...because I have to keep a pretty tight reign on my #1 when it comes to beating up #2!!! it was really BAD right after he was born. it has gotten better, but when she knows i am no where in sight the mean girl comes out!
That first picture of evalie in sunglass looks JUST LIKE YOU! it must be in the mouth because that is really all you can see! They are adorable!
That is so sweet. I love when toddlers love on the babies. Cute diaper, too! hehe!
I love Evalie!!!!
Post a Comment