Thursday it felt like time just stopped and then Saturday as we were driving home it felt like it started back up again.
My story: My water broke Thursday morning while making my routine morning bathroom break. I was so excited because I knew at this point there was no return and we would have a baby. We tried to go for a walk to start contractions. Well the feeling of constantly peeing your pants was not comforting to go out walking around. So we went to the doctors office to get checked out. He said I was 5 cm dialated. He gave us permission to get some things done before we headed to the hospital, so we signed papers on our property!! Yes we are property owners now. Things are moving along with that but that is another post for another day. We went to eat at Tomato Street, ps. tomato soup does not feel or taste good coming up later, and then headed to the hospital. Contractions didn't start on their own so at 6:30 pm we started on a very small dosage of Pitocin. This was somewhat nervous to me and my doctor because I was a VBAC. But it started a good rhythm of contractions that got stronger and stronger. My epidural didn't take and I flew through dialating. At 11 pm I started pushing. It was just Jeff, my nurse Beth, whom I love, and me. It was intimate and nice because it felt like no one else in the world knew what was going on that night in that room. The only time I felt that maybe I would be getting another C-section was when it was time to push and he was still very high. Evalie was high and never came down even after 2 hours of pushing. But eventually he came down and I felt the bearing down. It's like even if you wanted to not push you can't stop your body. It wants to push no matter how hard or painful it is. I had him at 12:37 am 4/2- Good Friday. He was a big boy and I will have the scars to prove it! My doctor calls him a trail blazer, he finds his own way out. He needed resuscitation when he was born. He had been in distress for the last little while and the cord was wrapped around his neck. But after about 10-20 seconds he was yelping. They had to bug him for awhile to make sure his oxygen levels were up. Jeff did end up cutting the cord by default. That was funny. He did a great job as my support person. We are a family of four and I pray for my children now and its amazing how love is not finite but an infinite feeling. Not enclosed is a shape of a heart but eternal. To give as much as you choose to give. I love my husband, my daughter, and my son. And I never want to do that again. At least until the next time.
6 comments:
I love your last two sentences, that describes the feelings surrounding birth perfectly.
I am so stinking proud of you. He is beautiful and perfect and we all can't wait to meet him. Yay for not being pregnant anymore, and yay for having a beautiful baby boy to show for all off the time and work and pounds and energy.
Congratulations! 12:37 is the perfect time to have a baby, that's the exact time Madison was born. I'm so glad you were able to do the VBAC. I can't wait to see more pictures!
Awesome job woman!! He is beautiful! Doesn't it feel more satisfying knowing now that you have one of each gender? I loved that! Now I feel out numbered with two boys!!
Hooray, you made it! He is a darling little one and you have a beautiful family of 4.
I am so happy that you were able to have a VBAC and that your doctor and nurses were supportive of your decision :) He is such a cutie pie!
Post a Comment