“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Family Time
Last night for our Family Time, we went sledding. I forgot how much fun sledding is. We almost didn't go. Jeff got home late, as usual when I make plans, and when Jeff gets home late I get so upset. I'm not alone in this right? Anyway, Charlie had refused to nap all afternoon and he was ready for a nap. Unfortunately his bed is the one and only place he naps, but Evalie really wanted to go. So we quickly ate dinner. Jeff finally got home. We bundled up and lo and behold our sled is in ML. Ugh! Curse, Curse. Did I mention we were suppose to be meeting people. On the drive I am thinking the whole time, we should just go home, no one is coming anyway, I hate Jeff's job, WHY DO I EVEN TRY?, needless to say I didn't say a word the whole drive. We get to the sledding hill and we meet up with friends. Evalie shared a sled with another little boy as Jeff searched all over Spokane to find a sled. Sleds are MIA in Spokane right now. Finally found one. For about an hour I had such a good time with my little girl and Jeff, and friends too. It was completely worth it. Evalie is fearless. Charlie, well he got a cat nap, he wasn't his chipper self but he endured till the car ride back. When we got home tired Evalie and tired Charlie were not shy about letting us know how tired they were. But at least I got an hour and that made all the difference of how I looked back on the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awh, yes sleding. I went with the boys to watch them sled. I wasn't going to do it. I wasn't dressed for it. but, it looked so much fun and with my running shoes on I ended up sleding with them all. I was frozen by the end, but it was totally worth it. I love it too!
Post a Comment