Friday, March 26, 2010

Here's the latest...

For about two weeks my doctor has been telling me "I probably won't see you next week" and "you are so ready". That kind of build up is a really big fall when you do see him the next week and then the next. So I have had some major let downs. Tuesday was the biggest one of all. I was having contractions all night. I couldn't sleep because of the constant tightening of my stomach. I was so excited to wake Jeff up and tell him its time to go because they were that close. Unfortunately they never reached that stage. Eventually in the morning they petered out. All that work and no reward. My spirits have been getting down, thinking of all the reasons of why I haven't gone into labor. Makes me think its not going to happen and then I'll have to be induced and then a dejavu of my first labor and delivery. Jeff could sense I was down and bummed and tired of being pregnant. With aches pains and sleepless nights. Well yesterday he asks me if I have plans for today. I told him all my plans I make up to waste time between now and when the baby comes because everything is ready except me apparently. He says good and pulls out a brochure and gift card and says he made me an appointment for a pregnancy massage at the Brick House at 2:00 and he'll watch Evalie. I was stoked especially after seeing the doctor and not having any exciting news to share. The massage was absolutely wonderful. Except the part where I forgot to bring underwear but that's okay I was so comfortable and relaxed. I decided I needed to take this time for myself every pregnancy in my third trimester. I would recommend that to anyone pregnant in their third trimester. I have a wonderful husband, and I know and its okay that you are jealous a little.

4 comments:

DJ and Melissa said...

I'm glad he got that for you. Now if only little Charlie will decide he's ready to come!

worth reading said...

Awesome! -- I can feel your pain, my doctors did the same thing to me too with Levi, wish they just wouldn't say anything!

The Gang said...

maybe just a little. ;)

KingFAM said...

That sounds SO nice! Sounds like your body wants a few practice rounds before the real game. People keep telling me to "enjoy the inside baby days". :-) It's hard! haha What a sweetie man you have.

My Mom just told me that 3 of her 4 kids were 3 weeks late and then the 4th was 2 weeks late. Crazy huh!

Hang in there! We are so excited for you!