Saturday, October 17, 2009

What a Good Day


We went to the pumpkin patch today. This farmer plants pumpkins for the preschoolers to come out and pick for Halloween. Then once all the preschoolers have gone you can go out and pick some and they are free. I just thought that this was such a nice gesture for him to take time to grow and care for these and then just give them away.

Jeff was very excited about these being free.

We went out with Sean and Kim and kids, and Justin with his kids, who are up for a visit. As you can see the patch is pretty big and there is two of them and both are still filled with pumpkins.

Evalie loved seeing all the pumpkins. She would try to pick them up. Usually she could only lift the small green ones. Then she would pose for the camera to show off her pumpkin. She fell down a lot but didn't seem to mind being covered in pumpkin guts.


We will carve them another day and eat their delicious seeds. Jeff wants to go blow some up out at the farm.

The rest of the day was pretty busy. I made a 7 layer dip for Trent's surprise party. First time making it, I loved it because of Jeff's made homemade guacamole. I also made some banana bread and artichoke dip. I felt very domestic. I learned a few things about myself today...
I am a horrible cheese cutter.
I can manage my time wisely but it takes time for me to do some things.
I don't like bugs.
I love big events where you have stress to get things done and decorate. Like birthdays and the holidays. I usually can't stand the day because of all the chaos, but I love putting it together.
I hate it when people eat food before its time to eat.
I love my little girl, she is so cute, and I love how well Jeff and I work together.

5 comments:

Anne said...

We miss all the fun with you guys. Did the farmer catch on that Jeff wasn't a preschooler? or Jakob, Makia...???
I'm glad you guys had fun. Pumpkin patches are the best. I went with Lucy's preschool. It rained so hard. Lucy, Luke, Savanah and I were soaked. But worth it.

worth reading said...

Ah, I'm jealous, I want to go to a pumpkin patch! You guys looked like you had a lot of fun :) we couldn't go to the pumpkin patch this year -- apparently pumpkin's are susceptible to frost and were all ruined ... phhh.. I thought they were supposed to be hardy.

The Weldon Family said...

Brady hates it when I eat the food before it's time to eat.... I was convinced it was a girl thing, you know have to try everything. Apparently not. :) Looks like fun!

Suzette said...

STACEY!
Hello beautiful lady! guess what! I am officially a single blogger.. what?? I dont know how it happened.. well I love you Your family is beautiful! Jeff that is an awesome picture of you and the pumpkin! Take care!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

I love the pictures of evalie. So cute! Oh, and Jeff looks great too! haha.