Monday, June 15, 2009

Sorry they took so long pictures

This is Kelly and Tony eating real rice and beans at a local restaurant in Key West and me drinking my coconut milk. This one wasn't quite ripe.
The southern most tip of the U.S.. This is in Key West. It is actually closer to Cuba than it is to mainland Florida.
This is our darling elephant wearing my sunglasses and wishing us a good nights sleep. Carlos was our stateroom attendant and he was great at what he did. Although I always tried to clean up because it did bother me that he was cleaning my room everyday. He also left us a swan, and a heart.
Here is my handsome man in our great room. The were a lot larger than I had expected. We really enjoyed our beds. Every night we were rocked to sleep all night. It was awesome.
Jim jumping on the rope jump. This was cool because when you're up in the air all you see is the water and nothing around you, no boat, no land absolutely nothing.
Here we are, the three of us adventurists. Us girls went cave tubing in Belize while the guys went snorkeling. We loved every minute. It was crazy how much faith I put into our tour guide. We saw a tarantula sitting on an egg and rather than screaming and running away I trusted that our guide probably new what to do if I got bit. That or I just thought oh I expected to die on this trip anyway. There must of been a reason for being fanatical about getting my paper work together about our wills and who Evy would go to if we died. But I survived and still have my child. Although my brother in law Trent,secretly didn't want us to return so that he would get Evalie.

These are a couple of the many fruit carved animals made by one of the oh so talented cooks. He did a whole display for a midnight party on the top deck.


This is wonderful Warren! The other day I really missed Warren. I was so hungry and did not want to cook. Oh Warren I miss the mango custard!

This is Jeff's first apartment in Miami Beach. It was a little risky for me.

Reminiscing about the trip just brings warm memories both inside and out. I loved that vacation and I can't wait till we get to experience something like that again.

4 comments:

Jade said...

Wait a minute, you mean WE don't get Evalie? 'Cause you'd better believe we're sticking you with Tonnelle if anything happens to us. ;-)

Yay for pictures finally. More! More!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Wow! That looks so amazingly beautiful. What a relaxing vacation!

miriam said...

finally! goodness! :) I'm still jealous. I think I'll start bugging Garrett about taking me on a cruise. and cave tubing? I've never heard of that but it sounds SO cool! except the tarantula part. yuck.

worth reading said...

I'm so going on a cruise .... in two years ... hopefully -- You guys look like you had a lot of fun. I would love to have someone cook and clean for me for a week. Sounds heavenly!