Saturday, March 7, 2009

One horrible night...

Tonight, just like every Saturday night, I worked at the theatre in Pullman. Tonight, I knew was going to be a crazy night because Watchmen is out. Little did I know that tonight people were not going to be happy when they came to their movie. People were yelling, screaming, being difficult, and just plain rude. All of us at work felt like we had just been slapped in the face. So we got ice cream to comfort our weary spirits. I don't know why everyone was so out of sorts, but my advice on anything is that if you are unhappy about the way something is turning out, throwing a temper-tantrum is not how you are going to get your way, but rather stating the problem and trying to find a solution, not placing blame or making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. And sometimes in life circumstances make it so that sometimes you get crapped on. So come to grips with that and move on, you'll spend a whole lot less time being mad and a lot more time enjoying your movie.

3 comments:

Ty Robbins said...

I'm sorry people were being dumb. That's never fun when you're trying to just do your job and people come in and bring their bad day with them.

Melissa said...

Amen man.
Sorry it was a bad night.

DJ and Melissa said...

I actually miss those nights. When the theatre is packed and you're busy all night long. I don't think I miss the mean people though. But I did like that Sean is totally cool with us not giving into the mean customers. I'll never forget the time a guy came up to the counter and was being really rude to one of the girls. So I stepped in because its not her job to get yelled out. Sean was standing there listening and all of a sudden he threw the guy out of the theatre and yelled at him outside for being so rude to his employees. When he came back in we were all like, Heck Yea. DJ and I really need to come down for a visit.