“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Friday, September 19, 2008
Shedding the Baby Pounds
Many of you may not know but I breast fed for 1 year. My initial reason for doing so was that I was told I would lose the baby weight faster. This was not the case. Pretty much the day I came home from the hospital was the weight I was at for the entire year. Pretty depressing! I tried to exercise rigorously but had nothing to show for it but bigger bags under my eyes since that made me even more tired. Since I couldn't diet I forfeited even trying to lose the weight. I put it off to see what would happen when I weaned Evie off. So its been two months since I weaned Evalie. At first I didn't really hit the whole lose weight thing very hard, but I have noticed I don't eat as much and recently I have been walking and doing more Pilates. I am happy to announce that today I weigh less than my pre-pregnancy weight. Heading for the pre-wedding weight. I am not going to stress myself out or have such high expectations that I am just going to let myself down, but I am going to work on life style changes that make me feel better about myself. We are going on a cruise in May -hopefully!- and so my goal is to lose that last 10 lbs by then. 8 months till then, I have faith in myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You go girl!
Congratulations! And to celebrate, half price appetizers at Applebees. When do you want to go?
Hooray! Doesn't that make you feel so good! I did the exact same thing, I didn't lose a pound after I was discharged from the hospital until I stopped nursing. Then I lost 30! I am really hoping the same thing happens when I am done nursing Lailie!
Wow go Stacey! Funny how everyone's body responds differently to nursing. Just so you know, your example of having themed game nights regularly had inspired me to do the same thing in our ward. You set such a wonderful example. lol :P
Post a Comment