Wednesday, September 17, 2008

$350 on gas, 24 hours of driving, and 4 days to do it.





Our trip to Canada was a very long but also very short. We drove a lot! and for a 1 year old that's not the most fun thing to do. Actually its probably the worst thing to do. But much to my surprise she did excellent. A few yelps here and there, constant interaction, forced sleeping, and a steady flow of intake and she was good for the whole trip. New foods Evalie ate on our trip... Cheetos, Fruit Roll Up, chocolate milk, yam fries, Fruity Tooties, and some jalepeno Pringles. She loved the Cheetos. Things to do with a 1 year old on a long drive... bubbles, books- actually read it to them not just give it to them, lots of paper, make any kind of weird facial expression or sound effect you can think of, sings songs, get out every two hours so they can run and play. Things I much needed during this trip... Jeff, Melissa, DJ to take turns entertaining Evalie, Tylenol and Mt. Dew, a Master Card or American Express- because apparently Visa is not international, Evalie's new leash I just got her- I don't like to call it her leash I like to call it her Monkey Buddy, an air freshner for the car!, and hand sanitizer. My best purchase for this trip... Evalie's $1 shoes from Dollar Tree, she got them muddy and yucky and I didn't care once. My faves of the trip... playing with Molly- Lindsey's dog, going to the museum of taxidermy animals in Sundre- very very interesting, driving around on the golf carts and Evalie holding tightly to my hand and of course had to have one hand on the steering wheel, Grandpa teaching Jeff how to swing a club, Evalie insisting to hold as many golf balls as she could, Evalie eating a pine cone, Grandpa telling me how much he loved me, knowing that I have convinced Jeff to go back again! My soveniers... Roots T shirt for me and Evalie- they don't sell men's anymore, PJ's for Evalie- I found out it is an Elephant picture not a dinosaur, a Canada eh? onsie, Smarties and Eat Mores, and a Christmas present for Evalie. The best thing about being back... SLEEP, not eating constantly, clean clothes, a bed, and more sleep!

4 comments:

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

I can't believe she's a year already. That's amazing. Wow! It sounds like you had a great trip! Canada is beautiful. I'm glad you had a great time. Great tips on entertaining for a drive... I have to do all of those things to entertaine Jake during the day... :) Love ya!

Jade said...

I loved reading a'bout your trip to Canada, eh. It's good that you got Evalie out 'n a'bout often, eh. Well, eh, it's a'bout time I paid more attention to my wee lassie (wait, wrong accent).

NicKim Family said...

Oh Lucy loves her Monkey "backpack" and will always choose to wear it! I love it too because I know she's close! Where did you go in Canada?

DJ and Melissa said...

Oh man, I should check to see how much we spent on gas. That's a lot of driving too, hmmm seems like it was more. My favorite part of the trip was when we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house and Evalie came to me because she was a little uncertain about a situation.