Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I am tired of...

You'd think I would have heaping amounts of patience. At least I thought I had heaping amounts of patience. Come to find out I lack the ability to be patient. Sure I can pretend. I can hold my tongue. I can even smile and nod at the same time while inside I am screaming. I wasn't fooling anyone, especially not God. He knew I was faking it. It was only a matter of time when the scream was no longer inside my head but reverberating out of my mouth. So here it is, my mouth vomit, I am tired of not having cabinets, I am tired of not having a clean floor, I am tired of not having a oven or a stove, I am tired of eating out, I am tired of wearing shoes around the house so not to get dirty feet, I am tired of rotten weather, I am tired of persistent little children, I am tired of children with selective hearing, I am tired of sick children, I am tired of being sick myself, I am tired of Jeff being gone for 10+ hours a day, I am tired of dirty dishes, I am tired of my disorganized tiny closet, I am tired of spending money and I am tired of not having enough money, I am tired of trying to shop with children, I am tired of  changing poopy diapers, I am tired of wiping drywall dust off every surface of my house for the 12th time, I am tired of the heaping pile of trash in my backyard, I am tired of not getting anything done because of two little ones nipping at my knees (literally Charlie bites my knees), I am tired of trying to think of a way to make it all better. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

So what's going on in your house?
Did I miss something?
Are you adding on or re-doing something?
Sorry man.
Hope things get better sooner rather than later.

Kimberly said...

That's a great outward rant of what all of us are thinking/feeling. Well maybe I can't speak for everyone, but that's how I feel. Minus the house remodel. I feel like I'm faking a smile ALL the time. I'm sorry it's so rough for you. There's nothing I can do or say except, you are not alone!

Jade said...

Know what I'm not tired of? Girls' weekends. Lets have one. Stat. (And by stat I mean within the next 6 months.)

worth reading said...

I just had a conversation this morning with Jeff that sounded a lot like this! I need a day where I don't have to take care of anyone, where I could get dressed in peace, and not have to share my water with anyone! I think I get like this every year at the end of winter/cold spring (and the end of the semester). I need some sunshine to perk me up! Hope you can get out and have a kid-free wonderfully selfish day. (I know I need one)

The Gang said...

Oh Stacey that was a vomit. Haha. I hear ya--loud and clear. Literally and figuratively. :)
P.S. We could trade-only here you'd be cleaning up dog hair and Olivia would be biting your butt.

Kimberley said...

Do you feel better now? Sounds pretty awful and I'm sure you will roll your eyes when I say that at least for the "nipping at your knees" part there really does come a day when you miss it. But for the moment spew your frustrations like you did, you probably will feel better, and soon, if not soon enough, you are going to have an amazing kitchen, that Charlie can bite your knees in. It's a good thing they are both so cute!!! Can't wait to see all that you have done!!