“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Charlie broke his clavical...
This is what the ER doctor told me last night. Not quite as funny as Charlie bit my finger. Yesterday, while visiting the new Carters baby clothing store, Charlie was playing at a children's table. He was close by and I would check on him about every minute. Sometime between one minute and the next he figured out how to climb up on top of a table and proceeded to fall off. I didn't see it happen, but I knew it happened. I just knew something was wrong. It was confirmed every time I picked him up he would scream and cry. I took him to the pediatrician who thought it might be his ribs, broken or bruised, but since we couldn't do anything for the ribs she didn't want to expose him to radiation for an x-ray. Fair enough. Later after talking to my mom, she thought it might be his collar bone. I pushed on the collar bone and he started screaming. I felt along his bone and found the bump. I took him into the ER where it was confirmed it was broken. Although you'd never know it, he was all giggles and smiles the whole time we were there. I felt worse for everyone else in the ER who seemed to be in real pain. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do for a broken collar bone, just medicate. Luckily for me Charlie slept all night last night and has been having a great day today. I feel so bad for him but he is a trooper. I love that kid and it kills me he is in such pain. Here's hoping that I don't become that mom that is on a first name basis with the ER doctors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Like mommy like son. That's too bad!! I can't imagine a baby breaking a bone. They seem to soft to break. He must be miserable. Poor guy. Poor Mommy!
Post a Comment