Thursday, September 23, 2010

It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad night...

That's what it was because at 9 pm after putting Charlie to bed an hour earlier, he woke in fits or rage. Then at 11 pm as I was putting myself to bed he awoke again screaming, this time I tried to let him cry it out, but he was mad and soon Evalie would wake up. That's when I knew it was going to be a terrible horrible no good very bad night. Thats what it was because all night long he never just slept he tossed and turned and moaned and complained. I said I needed sleep, I said if you don't go to sleep right now I am going to move to Moses Lake. He didn't even respond. At 3 am he pinched me, at 4 am he still wasn't asleep, who needs sleep? I checked the medicine box looking for Tylenol or Motrin or anything, I said if I don't get some medicine I am going to scream. No one even answered. At 5 am I got him to sleep but only for a few minutes. As he was yelling, he woke up Evalie. And as I was scolding him for waking up I stubbed me toe on her rocking horse. At 5:30 I gave him a Binky, no such luck with that. At 6:25 am I got him to sleep, no run for me today, and he stayed asleep till 7:30. At 8:00 Evalie woke up ready for the day. I had a terrible horrible no good very bad night. My mom says some nights are like that, especially for moms.

5 comments:

Jade said...

Booo. I really struggle with rough nights with two kids. I wish we could just let the younger one scream and scream like we would with the older one -- even if it never puts him down, at least we would still be getting pseudo sleep in our own beds. But when it wakes up big sister? Armageddon. And naturally one will wake up early on the night the other went down super late. Aaaaah. Maybe those people who have their kids 10 years apart really were onto something.

Anne said...

The only good thing about those nights is that everyone is going to bed early. And thats just how you have to look at it for that day. Hang in there. Wear em out. Look forward for early bedtime.hang in there momma cita.

Melinda said...

We had a night like that a few nights ago -- and by we, I mean me! ;-D But mine was because Abby had a double ear infection and was in a LOT of pain!!! And then I almost started the house on fire while trying some home remedies to help her through it. AHHHH!!! No good! The hardest part, though, is having to get up and move on the next day. And I'll tell you, those are the days you are content to just let them watch a movie while you try to rest your tired eyes and calm your aching head!!!! ;-D Charlotte's Web or Leap Frog's Talking Letter Factory, anyone? :-)

Mrs. Henry said...

That was so great! It read just like Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good very bad day...I love that book.

Miss you guys!

Wendy said...

Today I was thinking about this post and if you are totally desperate for sleep and you have done everything, there is nothing wrong with a little Benadryl. Just don't let it turn into a crutch and it won't hurt anything, it is even safe if you have already given him Tylenol. Just call Nathan for the dosage. Be careful the first time because on some people it has the opposite effect and makes them hyper. So in that case, use at your own risk :)