Yesterday Charlie turned 5 months old. On the one hand I think how long these past 5 months have been. First living at Jim and Sue's place. The rough first six weeks, the move, the colic, the emotional roller-coaster, the bathroom remodel, cousin's ski camp, Evalie turning 3, constantly working on the house and yard. There's just a lot we are filling into 5 months. And then he did something that reminded me how new he still is, he starting sitting up. And I thought wow that's early and shortly after that he got his first tooth. I thought wow that's really early. Then I realized he is growing right in front of me and I have all these other distractions around keeping me from watching.
Yesterday was a memorable day for me as I tried to do yard work and had pains in places that made me remember that not too long ago I was pushing a baby out and so I may still be a little bit sore. And maybe I should still give myself a break from time to time.
It also was a special night as Charlie was not going to sleep right away, so Jeff was holding him as we were watching Wipeout! And Jeff couldn't get enough of this little man. His face and mouth just draw you to them. You have to kiss him. So as Jeff was giving him so lovin' and Charlie was just soaking it all in, I thought to myself, this is how I want my family to be. And I am so grateful that decisions made long ago brought me a family I wanted all along and I didn't realize too late.
Just as my friend Jade said he would, this little boy has taken my heart in a completely different way than Evalie did.
3 comments:
Ugh, I HATE that I still haven't met this little boy. He's just TOO cute. So cute that I think I would actually break my rule about not kissing babies on the mouth. He is just that adorable. And growing so fast. Aaaaaaah.
Oh My Gosh he is getting soooo cute. It has been to long! I'm glad you realized it sooner than later!
It's already been 5 months? I could swear you just had him! Enjoy these days cause you can't go back :) But i know you are.
Post a Comment