Friday, August 20, 2010

All whole new level of closeness

This year marked the second annual Cousin's Ski Camp. All the Rippy siblings and parents get together for a few days of water skiing and camping. Tyler and Chelsea come up from Utah. Jeff and I hosted this one. We did meal planning and prep and made some really awesome shirts. We left Sunday evening after family photos. We started off great. We were able to get all set up for the evening and enjoy some blackberry cobbler before bed. Monday we got rolling with an early breakfast, then the guys went and got the boats launched. After setting up the beach we were ready for long hot days in the sun. Monday the girls took off for a little bit of an adventure, we decided to swim across the river. Kelly, Kimberly, and I would swim and Jill and Chelsea would row the paddle boat. Of course the further and further we got out the further and further the other side got. But eventually we all made it there one way or another. We were thinking it was somewhere between 3/4 to a mile. We made the guys pick us up in the boat. I got toasted by the sun. I fall for the same myth every time. It's windy and cold so I don't need sunblock. Wrong. I prove that myth wrong every time. Evalie absolutely loved playing with her friends (cousins). That's all she wanted to do every day all day long. Charlie was perfect. He took his naps regularly. Slept well at night when we weren't freezing. Ate well and was just a pleasant child to have around. Jeff got some good skiing in. Probably not as much as he wanted but we weren't in good physical shape to go overboard with the skiing. We both are still so sore. Family Home Evening was very enjoyable as each person made their presence and personality known in the family. When our name was called we were to dance through the star gate. Some, uh hum, got more into it than others, but everyone understood what to do. Even Evalie understood to get up and go through the star gate dancing. It was great. We had a moment to cheer and love our nephew Beck as his name was called. It's been almost 4 months and that loss is still so close to our hearts. Tuesday we just like Monday started off with a bang. Lots of skiing to get done. All the little ones got to take a turn on the boat. Some ski some ride the tube. Some just sit in the boat. Evalie went tubing with Grandma Sue and again with Wilson. I went skiing, well I attempted to slalom ski. That's with only one ski. I haven't been able to get up yet. But I feel good that next year is the year. Also the year to cross the wake in wake-boarding. Then that evening the plague hit. Cooper got it Monday night. I starting feeling bad Tuesday afternoon and by Tuesday night half the camp was up-heaving wherever they stood. This continued all through the night all day Wednesday, the day we had to pack up, clean up, head home, and unpack. And yesterday. It has hit about 90% of us. Our family all got it and we are hoping we are free and clear. One would think food poisoning, but our doctor thinks it was a bug at the camp. Sorry about the lack of pictures, something always gets forgotten when you go away and my purse was it this time. It had my sunglasses and camera. But I bummed this one off of Kelly.

No comments: