“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Thursday, May 13, 2010
It all started about 6 weeks ago...
Six weeks ago I was walking around a hospital trying to get labor started. Within 12 more hours I would be delivering my little boy Charlie Noah. Two weeks later my in laws would come home from their mission/vacation in Mesa Arizona. Three days later we would receive word that our little nephew Beck had suddenly died of pneumonia. Two days later Jeff would leave to Utah for the funeral, leaving me with a two year old and new born that has colic, and going through the baby blues. A week later Jim would be taken to the hospital to try and pass a kidney stone. One day later I would shaking in bed feeling like I had the flu. A day later find out I had two infections. That night be unable to move lying in a bath tub. The next morning find out my episiotomy was also infected. That night celebrate Beck's life with the family by releasing white balloons with notes of love written on them into the air, and watch a video of Beck. (Tears, lots of tears). Throughout this time my mother is going through some blood testing to find out if there is something wrong. (Nervous). A week later I take Charlie to the doctor because underneath his three chins he has a bad odor and what looks like an infection, yep yeast infection. (Ewwe). Also find out he doesn't have colic he has acid reflux. (An answer). While he is throwing his fit for being cold poked and prodded he is turning purple and red and sweating.The doctor asked if he does this often. I said yes, every time he has a fit which is every night and also when he is sleeping or eating. She said babies shouldn't have to work that hard and immediately sent me to get a chest x-ray done. And made an appointment to get an EKG done on Friday morning. (Heart stopped) (Restarted) I made my trek to the x-ray center all the while imagining Beck lying in the hospital being resuscitated and picturing Charlie going through the same thing. About half an hour later the pediatrician calls to tell me the x-rays look normal but to still get the EKG done. (Relief, a little bit of worry). And finally for the last week has been the final stretch of getting into this home. Getting into a place to live. Getting out of the in laws home. Getting Evalie some normalcy. Every day has been a roller coaster with our loan, yes, no, yes, no, maybe? YES! (stress, stress, stress). You'd think with me being postpartum, which I know I am, and dealing with all these things lately I would be going absolutely crazy, I was, until a few nights ago, when I was about to admit myself to an insane asylum I prayed that I could have the blessing that the Nephites in the Book of Mormon had when their burden was too much to bear that the Lord took the weight of the burden away, not the burden itself, but the weight of it. And since then I have handled all of this. He is just reminding me that He is here, with me, every day, every time I need Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Stacey...I'm here if you need me to be.
Wow Stacey I'm sorry about everything. I hope that everything turns out okay with your little one! You're in my prayers! (Kirsten from PU2)
Stacey, what a roller coaster, I'm sorry. Here's to staying true and God's gentle but tough commands
This all sucks. Massively, massively sucks.
I wish life came in semesters. If there's a terrible semester at school, which all the rotten classes and horribly hard teachers, you have an end date. And even if the circumstances outside of school are what suck, you feel like you have an end date to those struggles, too, because the end of a semester means EVERYTHING is better.
I say we start living life in semesters. And I say your semester ends tomorrow. Oh, and the final is a take-home, and you can look up all the answers. Because I said so.
Post a Comment