Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Started Nursery, My Mom is So Happy


Yep last Wednesday was Evalie's 18 month marker. So that meant that on Sunday she joined the other little tikes for Nursery for the last 2 hours of church. We brought her in, put her down, she looked around at everyone and thought "this is AWESOME!", so she started to play, and continued to play for 2 hours. She loved it. One of the sisters in my ward said my little girl loved the singing and dancing. She colored a picture for us, ate half a brown crayon, played with the toys, ate the snacks, and only cried once when she got pushed down. Other than that she can't wait to attend this Sunday. And neither can I. I felt so liberated in Sunday School, and Relief Society. I participated, I felt the spirit. I now have a huge testimony that nursery was a divinely insituted program. I am grateful for all those who work in there, whether you love it or not, I have the most gratitude for you. You are my favorite people in the world.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

there's no way you have a kid in nursery. That's too cool. I bet she had a blast!

The Gang said...

Consider yourself LUCKY! Nothing like a screaming child who you are willing to leave but the nursery leaders say "Nu-uh" Having only one child left in nursery I could not agree with you more. It's like 2 free hours of babysitting a week!

NicKim Family said...

Isn't it so refreshing to sit...ahhh...just sit and listen to the lesson. Congratulations!

DJ and Melissa said...

She's too cute Stace. You're lucky she is so social. It will make a lot of these milestones a lot easier.

Scott & Jess said...

I cant believe how big Evalie is! They grow up way to fast don't they? How have you guys been? You look great!

Anonymous said...

Oh Stacey...the 18 month mark is a blessed occation for sure. Amen to all you said.