Thursday, October 2, 2008

In A World of Confusion...

For the past month or two I have been in turmoil over who I should vote for President in November. I really wasn't all that thrilled about either of the candidates, but I knew not voting was not an option. I believe too strongly in the democratic process to simply sit this one out. So I decided to do this the right way. I took the time to read through Obama's homepage and see where he stands on the issues. Let me tell you he has a lot of good things to say and I was leaning toward him. Then to be fair I started to read through McCain's homepage and where he stood on the issues. I had preconceived notions about McCain being that he has ran for President multiple times and never won. I felt he got the Republican nomination by default. So as I was reading and analyzing over his words, I was comparing and contrasting, I was interpreting what they were saying, I have discussed the issues with Jeff and other friends of mine. (which why is it when you bring up candidates its like you just brought up a bad ex boyfriend?) And still I was at a standstill. I knew, because I had prayed about it and it was important to me, that Heavenly Father would give me a confirmation of the Spirit which candidate I would find peace with. I knew I would receive that and tonight I received that confirmation because I have a testimony of this...

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e1fa5f74db46c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=1aba862384d20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1&contentLocale=0


And he said this...

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/95b18512-d5b6-456e-90a2-12028d71df58.htm


*I am at peace with this decision, that doesn't mean the same for you*





8 comments:

Jade said...

I really appreciate this post. I was ratted out tonight to Ben's family for not being a party-line voter -- one way or the other. (Why is that such a cardinal sin?) I almost made it three years without that coming up ... drat. I never talk politics with family and with most friends. I consider myself well informed and I have LOTS of opinions. I just don't see the value of sharing them in a hostile environment.

Anyhow, I really appreciate the thought and effort you have put into your decision. I appreciate that you acknowledge it's YOUR answer, and not necessarily THE ONE AND ONLY POSSIBLE ANSWER. I wish more people would take the time to study and especially pray for answers concerning this.

Thanks for being an example and posting this.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Stacy this is such a great post. I was hoping that you had done your research. Glenn comes home almost every day with another article about Obma and the radical things that he has done, the radical organizations like
Acorn that he is a contributor to. Acorn led protest and put presure on the government to force banks and mortgage companies to make housing loans to low income people and people who otherwise didn't qualify for loan. Just another reason we are in the economic crisis we are in. I am not very conversant on these issues, it is easier to listen and read than to express what I know. You did a great job on this post. Did you watch the debate?

The Yancey Family said...

All I gotta say is WORD! I have been struggling too because it seems like we have to choose the lesser of two evils most of the time. I have a lot to learn when it comes to politics, but I am learning. Thanks for the research. BTW, I have come to the same desicion as you.

NicKim Family said...

Good for you Stacey! That is so great that you really prayed and did your work to get your answer! Thanks for sharing the great post, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way. You rock Stacey!!

DJ and Melissa said...

Thanks for your post Stacey. Of course you know I didn't come to the same answer as you, but our processes were very similar. It is interesting, I've been ecstatic about this election for over a year now. I wish more people took this much time and consideration when it came to elections.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

hi stace! i found your blog off of Kimberly's. Hope you don't mind. How are you? Cute pictures. Looks like your doing great!! my blog is blocked so if you want an invite email me at samanthaross05@gmail.com that way I can get your email address and invite you!!

Ashley said...

Stacey,
You helped me make my decision final on who to vote for. Now I just have to make sure I'm registered in this county. I read your posts about pregnancy weight and I totally know how you feel. You're lucky you didn't have one and get pregnant right away again so to feel like you're either pregnant or breastfeeding forever. It's been two years and nine months since I was first pregnant so I haven't ever been back to my old weight. Roger has been good though and has told me to wait until I'm done breastfeeding. I almost have Ali weined (she loves to eat at night still) so I have begun working out a lot. It feels so good to get back into the swing of things and I feel like my body is doing way better. I am extremely tired at the end of the day though, but am constantly thinking about working out! LOL I just know that these babies are worth it. I told Roger I was thinking after I get my body back I will think about another one...we'll see.

The Rupps said...

Great Blog! I have been reading into the canidates as well, but that piece really brought me great peace as well. Thanks Stacey