Yep its true. Evalie is 9 months old now. I thought I would give a brief synopsis of a day with 9 month old Evalie. She wakes up around 9:30 or 10:00. Jeff and I have wondered if we have ruined her for life by training her to sleep so long. (mistake number 1... check). We go in to get her and see little teeth scratches on her crib railing, due to her new 6 teeth. We should have gotten safeguards for that. (mistake number two...check). Then she eats her favorite rice cereal. Afterwards she crawls to the barrel of monkeys and dumps them everywhere. Daily ritual, has to be done. Then she heads over to the movies and CDs to pull all those out, munch on them. She has learned how to pull herself to a standing position, so she tries doing that on everything, depending on how high the object was she will pull herself on top of it. She does help out cleaning up though. We made a deal I will clean the monkeys and movies if you clean the kitchen floor. So far she has stuck to her end of the deal. It works out nicely. Me being her best friend, she has to go wherever I go, and I mean wherever I go. Jeff and I have decided we are push over parents... holding her all the time. (mistake number three... check). So it looks like we are right on track for raising out daughter. She is so much fun and beautiful, I like having her around. She is weighing 16.5 lbs. and is 26.6 inches long. And loved by all. We almost entered her into a cute baby contest, until we saw it costs $20 per picture. Nix that idea. It probably would have ended up being mistake number four.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Theodor Geisel (Dr. Suess)
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
9 months older and wiser too!
Yep its true. Evalie is 9 months old now. I thought I would give a brief synopsis of a day with 9 month old Evalie. She wakes up around 9:30 or 10:00. Jeff and I have wondered if we have ruined her for life by training her to sleep so long. (mistake number 1... check). We go in to get her and see little teeth scratches on her crib railing, due to her new 6 teeth. We should have gotten safeguards for that. (mistake number two...check). Then she eats her favorite rice cereal. Afterwards she crawls to the barrel of monkeys and dumps them everywhere. Daily ritual, has to be done. Then she heads over to the movies and CDs to pull all those out, munch on them. She has learned how to pull herself to a standing position, so she tries doing that on everything, depending on how high the object was she will pull herself on top of it. She does help out cleaning up though. We made a deal I will clean the monkeys and movies if you clean the kitchen floor. So far she has stuck to her end of the deal. It works out nicely. Me being her best friend, she has to go wherever I go, and I mean wherever I go. Jeff and I have decided we are push over parents... holding her all the time. (mistake number three... check). So it looks like we are right on track for raising out daughter. She is so much fun and beautiful, I like having her around. She is weighing 16.5 lbs. and is 26.6 inches long. And loved by all. We almost entered her into a cute baby contest, until we saw it costs $20 per picture. Nix that idea. It probably would have ended up being mistake number four.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome to the addicting world of blogs Stacey!
Stacey, I cannot believe you entered the world of blogging. Are you sure you have the time?
Yay! Yay! My blogging friend! Yay! You caved because of me, huh? You just wanted to have one more thing in common with me. That's also why you're pregnant again, huh? To be like me. JUST KIDDING. No, really. NOT pregnant.
Jade you freaked me out. And yes I did join because of you. Just trying to keep up with the Jones'.
Post a Comment